Sunday, June 01, 2008

Whats new today...

Finally managed to solve the chronic resource problem on my laptop without resorting to digging into the pockets to replace or upgrade anything. Other than that new 7 port USB hub. Great value, and effort. Last night saw the removal of linux dual boot configuration. Allowing me to reclaim 15 gigs of space. Removed junk software from the startup sequence. And the best part - updated the tools. Eclipse CDT installed, downloaded PERL, PHP, C#, MinGW/GCC tools, SQL server, Apache server, coLinux/Fedora 7. A lot done in one stretch. Contrary to feeling stoned this morning, I feel motivated. The first toy to unpack for play would be C#. That will be tonight's program while I sort out some weekend overheads - Kendrick's paperwork, some ASX survey and broker registration. I am at my most comfortable state, multitasking. A few "new things" really help to keep the wheels spinning. That nifty little desk lamp and the 5.1 logitech speakers blaring out the Blue audio MP3 collection. And a good pair of winter bedroom slippers. I just need to remember to eat and exercise, and we should be cruising along just fine. So much to do... and there is so much time to do it. Life down under is good. Look forward to jamming as much as possible onto Eclipse in the coming days while I start building a base of reusable components for upcoming projects. Which one to start on first... not quite sure yet.

No comments:

INFJ RING Power By Ringsurf